We proudly partner with CulinArt Group
to provide nutritious, variety-rich, cooked-from-scratch meals for our community—which includes lunch for all, and breakfast and dinner for our boarders and faculty.
CulinArt presents a robust dining program offering innovative specials with a rotation of diverse cultural menus. They are a strong supporter of local farmers and farm-to-fork initiatives.
CulinArt’s Sustainable Solutions programs include daily local produce offerings, organic, free-range and rBGH-free menu options. Menus have been custom designed for The Stony Brook School, and reflect our students' preferences as well as the fresh products available in the marketplace.
CulinArt is able to accommodate special dietary needs, including food allergies. Vegetarian and vegan offerings are always available, along with an abundantly stocked salad bar and fresh seasonal fruit.
The Kanas Dining Hall offers the following food stations and menus:
- Hot Breakfast Buffet
- Daily Wakin’ Up with CulinArt Breakfast Special
- Waffle Bar
- Morning Bakery
- Fresh Fruit, Yogurt and Smoothie Bowl Bar
- Cold Cereal Station
- Hot Cereal, including Congee with traditional Asian toppings
Lunch and Dinner:
- Kettle Soup
- Campus Grill, including a daily Grill special
- Salad Bar
- Deli Bar
- Daily Sandwich specials
- Global Flavour international entrée station
- Traditional steamed Rice Bar with toppings
- Wellness Wednesday special lunch menu
- Monday and Wednesday family-style dinner
- Intermittent Guest Chef appearances and Theme Night Dinners
CulinArt manages the Jetty, a retail snack bar in the Hollis Student Center. Students can purchase Monster Milk Shakes, Bubble Tea, smoothies, chicken tenders, pretzel bites, freshly prepared salads and sandwiches, snacks, treats, bottled beverages, chips, and more.
For more information about our dining services, please feel free to contact our Director of Dining Services, Marty Weil.