Location: Long Island
Start Date: Immediate
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the country’s most prestigious Christian academic institutions as a member of a talented, entrepreneurial team. All candidates should have demonstrable Christian commitment and an educational philosophy that is consistent with The Stony Brook School’s mission statement.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum and at least five years industry experience
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong work ethic, high energy, positive attitude, flexibility, and eagerness to solve problems as they arise
- Ability to create engaging content for teenagers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to respond quickly to all communications
- Eagerness to serve in a faith-based work environment that emphasizes faithful Christian scholarship and character formation. Passion for Gravitas’s mission is critically important for all positions.
- High proficiency with technology, especially technology needed to complete core responsibilities
- Experience working as part of a collaborative team, openness to providing and receiving feedback as part of a culture of transparency
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity, as our students come from all over the world
- Commitment to professional development and lifelong learning
- Maturity and stability sufficient for a demanding position
- Consistent and dependable high speed internet access if working remotely
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume/C.V. to Dr. Sean Riley, Executive Director (email@example.com), and complete an employment application. Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled.**About Gravitas: A Global Extension of The Stony Brook School **
- Set up video and podcast production studios
- Oversee the complete production process of videos and podcasts
- Create graphics and animations for B-roll and marketing materials
- Collaborate with Executive Director of Gravitas and external marketing professionals on all marketing and communication projects
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Gravitas is a program within The Stony Brook School that exists to cultivate moral, intellectual, and aesthetic virtue in students around the world so that they may discover their calling, unlock their God-given potential, and bring about the healing and flourishing of their communities.
Gravitas believes elite college preparatory and Christian character education should be accessible to academically talented students of all backgrounds, especially the poor, the oppressed, the orphaned, and the displaced.
The Stony Brook School is the #1 private school on Long Island as ranked by niche.com
. 37% of The Stony Brook School Class of 2020 gained acceptance to the top 25 schools as ranked by U.S. News and World Reports.