Part-Time Graphic Design and Animation Artist and Teacher
The Stony Brook School is seeking a part-time teacher and artist to develop and teach our online Graphic Design and Animation classes through Gravitas: A Global Extension of The Stony Brook School, and produce graphics and animations for our recorded content in other online courses.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the country’s most prestigious Christian academic institutions as a member of a talented, entrepreneurial team. All candidates should have demonstrable Christian commitment and an educational philosophy that is consistent with The Stony Brook School’s mission statement.
- A bachelor’s degree in graphic design or animation or a bachelor’s degree in another field plus professional training in graphic design or animation
- At least three years of teaching experience, including online instruction
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet grading and project deadlines
- Strong work ethic, high energy, and strong ability to connect with teenagers in the online context
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to respond quickly to all communications
- Eagerness to serve in a faith-based learning environment that emphasizes faithful Christian scholarship and character formation
- High proficiency with technology, including the ability to learn and utilize a learning management system, online software tools like the Adobe CC Suite, Formative, Quizlet, etc., and the ability to create screencasts and videos.
- Consistent and dependable high speed internet access
- Experience working as part of a collaborative team of teachers, openness to providing and receiving feedback as part of a culture of transparency
- Ability to interact professionally with parents and school community members
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity, as our students come from all over the world
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development and lifelong learning
- Maturity and stability sufficient for a demanding position
- Create sequences of courses in graphic design and animation
- Provide synchronous and asynchronous instruction
- Grade student work
- Produce graphics and animations for other online courses in conjunction with the Multimedia Producer
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume/C.V. to Dr. Sean Riley, Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org), and complete an employment application. Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled.** About Gravitas: A Global Extension of The Stony Brook School **
Gravitas is a program within The Stony Brook School that exists to cultivate moral, intellectual, and aesthetic virtue in students around the world so that they may discover their calling, unlock their God-given potential, and bring about the healing and flourishing of their communities.
Gravitas partners with churches, charities, and individual donors to make elite college preparatory and Christian character education accessible to academically talented students of all backgrounds, especially the poor, the oppressed, the orphaned, and the displaced.
The Stony Brook School is the #1 private school on Long Island as ranked by niche.com
. 37% of The Stony Brook School Class of 2020 gained acceptance to the top 25 schools as ranked by U.S. News and World Reports.